- ISAC is a program that provides a scientific and organizational framework focused around its key science questions for pan-Arctic research including long-term planning and priority setting.
- ISAC establishes new and enhances existing synergies among scientists and stakeholders engaged in Arctic environmental research and governance.
- ISAC promotes observations, synthesis, and modeling activities to provide an integrated understanding of the past, present and future Arctic environment needed for responding to change.
- ISAC fosters links between Arctic environmental change initiatives and relevant global programs.
- ISAC, in collaboration with partner organizations, provides authoritative and timely scientific information to stakeholders and decision-makers for responding to rapid Arctic environmental change.